Monday, February 8, 2010

Mike's favorite breakfast ... or dinner? :)


I noticed that every Monday night I seemed to make breakfast for dinner, I think it's because the day was so busy I just made it to help save some time. Now, it's our Monday night, pre-FHE tradition! Breakfast for dinner! :) I love doing it because it's easy, DELICIOUS, fast and CHEAP :) Sa-weet. you can't beat that! :)
This particular meal is Mike's VERY favorite breakfast! A few years back, I had a few extra veggies and just whipped this out and now he asks for it ALL of the time. It's super easy and so yummy. ....
I'm not nearly as entertaining as Jen, so bare with me! :) I wish I knew what to title this meal, but .. we always just call it "the egg potato thing" any better suggestions? :) .. so here it is...
The Egg Potato ... Thing...
1 T olive oil
1 T butter
2 clean, unpeeled potatoes, diced into quarter inch thickness
Lawry's seasoning salt (or any other seasoning salt you like)
Black pepper to taste
1/4 c red onion diced
1/2 c ham diced
7 eggs
1/4 c green peppers (or any other bell pepper)
1/2 c sliced clean mushrooms
1/2 c pepper-jack cheese (or your favorite cheese)
Tapatio hot sauce (optional)


First put the olive oil and butter in frying pan. The olive oil is to prevent the butter from burning, the butter is for flavor and to saute the vegetables.



Once butter is melted, add the potatoes and toss them around in the oil/butter. Sprinkle the Lawry's over one side of the potatoes, then grind or sprinkle pepper over as well. Let the potatoes fry on medium to medium high heat stirring and flipping occasionally until the potatoes are soft.


Once the potatoes are soft, add the onions and ham. Let the onions saute, now stirring constantly until the onions are translucent and the ham is slightly browned.




Then add in the eggs. I just put them in JUST like this. :) No need to whip them first, but you can if you want. I just shove everything to one side, then mix it all together.



Once the eggs are almost completely firm and scrambled, add the bell peppers and mushrooms.



Once all of the vegetables are in, warm and the eggs are completely scrambled, turn off heat and stir in the cheese.


And this will be your beautiful finished product :) I wish I had green peppers, it looks so much better with a lil' bit of green... but it tasted SOOOOO yummy!! :) Even Sammy gobbled it all up! :)

I like it really spicy so I added tapatio hot sauce (you can find it by the Tabasco sauce in the Mexican food isle)



If you don't like my choice of vegies, feel free to mix it up. I have had it with asparagas, ham and swiss cheese and it was yummy too! :) The amount of everything you put it is up to you, this is just the way we like it best! :)

3 comments:

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

i love the oil and butter trick. i actually just learned this last week...(how embarrassing!) but it seriously makes such a difference!

Jamielyn said...

thank you! Thanks for the oil tip! This looks really good. I am going to have to try this. mmm i love breakfast for dinner!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

my husband would LOVE this :) haha In my family we would always make Breakfast for dinner! LOVE.